I am that bird


 I am that bird
 chirping to the tone
 of my master all day
 humming as if a cheery one;
 my wings have forgotten
 to stretch and fly
 under the blue skies
 with friends around 
 living a life of an
 illusionary freedom. 

 I miss being that bird 
 chirping to my favorite 
 tone in line with the rhythm
 of moving clouds;
 my wings whirl 
 to the beats of rain
 sometimes being drenched
 in the drops and sometimes 
 hiding myself from 
 the rumble of thunder
 with friends around, 
 loving a life of an
 absolute freedom. 

                                                                                                                                                                                   - Pavithra Tej

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musings

Exploring Mental Health Through the Lens of Literature and Cinema

Unburdened Soul