Unburdened Soul



    I harbored anger
    Not at everything hurled my way 
    Or the sharpness of words that could have been fatal. 
    It wasn't about the potential disaster for everyone around me. 
    My anger stemmed from allowing them to hit me with full force,
    Neglecting the consequences for my heart, 
    Already too broken to break again.
    At war with my emotions, my thoughts, 
    My actions were beyond comprehension. 
    Lost love, believing never to be found. 
    But for how long will I blame the reality
    And the burns in my heart
    Which I cannot tell the world. 
    Now I know what I must do, at once
    I must stop the crimson fluid from flowing, 
    And painting the ocean red
    For once I give myself a second chance
    To forgive myself
    To love myself more.

                                                                                                                                                                    - Jeevitha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musings

Exploring Mental Health Through the Lens of Literature and Cinema